Live Below the Line - Day Four

I feel too tired to be hungry today.  I cycle a lot on Thursdays (12 miles total), so I just basically want to go to bed (it's 7pm).  The egg fried rice we had for tea helped me, but it's getting hard.  We're at the end of the line, but it helps to look forward to the end of the challenge.  It's a mixture of relief and guilt.  I know that for us, this way of life ends tomorrow night, but for a billion people, it won't end.

BUT, I have amazing donors who are helping to make it end for them!  I've now reached double my original goal - £200!  It's really generous and better than I ever thought I would be able to do. Thanks so much to those who are supporting ActionAid.  Your donation (however small or large) is being doubled!

Breakfast - Porridge (thankfully this is the last day of the porridge - it is basically flavourless and gross)

 Lunch - Carrot soup and flatbreads


Dinner - Egg Fried Rice (recipe below)


Live Below the Line Egg Fried Rice

 1.  Slice a couple of carrots into matchsticks and slice one onion.  Cook 250g of rice and drain it. Put it back into the pan so any excess water cooks off.  Beat 3 eggs with a fork.
















2.  Heat some oil in a pan (a wok would be better, but we don't have one of those), then fry the onions and carrot.  When they have cooked down, add the cooked rice and a bit more oil.  Stir fry for a couple of minutes more.










3. Make a small well in the middle of the rice and veg and pour in the eggs.  Stir fry for another 4 minutes and add a teaspoon of Chinese 5 Spice (or soy sauce if you prefer).  Serve hot with soy sauce or salt and pepper.

Comments

Popular Posts